Thursday 14 August 2014

A Day in Vienna

Lucky, lucky me. I got a couple of weeks off to do a bit of traveling. I decided to go to Vienna, Austria. This beautiful city holds a special place in my heart as I was an AFS exchange student here for a year during high school. Returning again after five years was truly like coming home. I had forgotten so many details, so I loved rediscovering the old and uncovering the new. Here are a few photos of one day in Vienna.

I started my day with a lovely breakfast and wandered down to Stephansplatz, it's always buzzing with both tourists and locals around here. 


I checked out the cathedral and opera house, before heading to the parliament. 




Of course I needed some food! Palatschinken (thin pancakes) filled with nutella and coffee it was. Cake may also have been involved...


Some more walking as I was in search of specific bank, I ended up crossing this bridge (and getting slightly lost for a while there). 



Made it back in time to catch a glimpse of this gorgeous sunset!


And it wasn't long before I ended up at a winery on top of a hill. 


Thank you Vienna for a brilliant time! You were just what I needed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment